- DPhil – Investigative Psychology; MA – Psycho-criminology; Honours – Criminology; B SocSci (Honours): Psychology
- Forensic Psychology, Forensic and Psycho-legal Criminology, Behavioural analysis and Behavioural profiling, Investigative psychology, Forensic victimology
- Forensic Criminalistics, Forensic criminology, Critical criminology, Criminological theory
Publications / Selected Publications
- – De Wet, J. (2007). Personality Development of the Serial Murderer: A psychosocial Approach. VDM Verlag Dr Muller. ISBN:9783836434430
- De Wet, J.A., Labuschagne, G.N., & Chiroro, P.M. (2009). Offender characteristics of the South African male serial rapist: An exploratory study, Acta Criminologica, 22(1): 37-45
- De Wet, J., Potgieter, C., & Labuschagne, G.N. (2010). An explorative study of serial rape and victimisation risk in South Africa, Acta Criminologica 23(1): 35-49
- Potgieter, C. & De Wet, J. (2010). A descriptive study of the modus operandi of serial rapists in South Africa, Acta, Criminologica, 23(3), 1-15.
- De Wet, J. & Potgieter, C. (Submitted for publication 2014). Serial Murder in South Africa: Asking different questions. (ACTA Criminologica)
Chapters in Books
- Forthcoming text book: Criminology in South Africa (Publication 2015). Barkhuizen, J (Ed.). Oxford University Press: South Africa
- Theory chapters:
- Routine Activities and Rational Choice Theory
- Psychosocial theories in criminology
- Coordinator: Restorative Justice Community engagement project at the Fort Baufort and Middeldrift Correctional facilities, Eastern Cape
- Undergraduate course – Fundamental Criminology (1st year course); Contemporary crime issues (2nd year level)
- Post-graduate course – Current Theoretical Debates (Hons level)
Student Supervision (Honours, Matser, PhD …)
- 2013 – : A descriptive and exploratory analysis of the process of secondary victimization on victims of rape.. Masters in Criminology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Triaane Amarchund.
- 2013 – : An investigation of students’ attitudes towards sexual harassment at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Masters in Criminology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Tsepo Goodman.
- 2013 – : An Exploration of the DNA Profiling Process in South Africa: Legislative Frameworks and Protocols. Masters in Criminology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Jadyrien Subrayen
- 2014 – : A Study of Money Laundering, Security Risks, and their Management in Zimbabwe. Doctorate in Criminology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Collins Prosper Chikomba