- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Durban-Westville, 1985
- Higher Diploma in Education (Secondary Schools), University of Durban-Westville, 1988
- Honours: Criminology, University of South Africa, 1991
- MA: Criminology, University of Durban-Westville, 1998
- Ded: Education, University of Durban-Westville, 2003
- School and gender based violence
- Peace and Security
- Illicit drug use
- Biological, psychological and sociological pathways to criminal behavior and offending.
- Youth criminality
Chapters in Books
- Nirmala Gopal (2007), Voices of HIV Positive young mothers. Pattman and S. Khan, Undressing Durban. South Africa.
- Nirmala Gopal & Reshma Sookraj (2009), “Children left behind Voices (Ukuhebeza) of HIV+ Mothers”. Kogi Naidoo, Working woman stories of Strife, Struggle and Survival. India.
- (2009-2011), Broad Labour Forum- sub committee of Board, An affiliate of the department of Higher education and Training whose specific function is skills development in the Higher education sector.
- (2011-2017), ETDP SETA Quality Assurance Committee-Sub Committee of Board, The focus of this committee is to approve unit standard learning programmes
- (2010-2014), ETDP SETA – Sector Skills Planning working Group, Focuses on skills supply and demand in the Higher education sector.
- (2011-2017), ETDP SETA – Higher Education and Research Chamber, The focus of this chamber is to commission research in Higher education Skills development
- (2011-2019), ETDP SETA – Board, The focus of the board is to provide governance and leadership to all matters relating to ETDP seta’s strategic objectives.
- University Higher Education Diploma in Teaching
- Doctorate in Education
- Nyameka Daniel (2007) Exploring Rape Survivors Experiences of the Criminal Justice System
- Zondeka (2006) Performance Management of SAPS personnel in the Eastern Cape Province
- Sifiso Ntuli (2008) Investigation into the nature and causal factors of male vs female criminality in Cato Manor Township, Durban
- Sazelo Mkhize (2011) The effects of community violence on the academic performance of learners in Swayimane Area
- Matthew Cronje (2013) A Multivariate Criminological Analysis of the Self-Esteem of Repeat Offenders.
- Bonita Marimuthu (2014) A Quantitative Analysis of Juvenile Delinquency Trends among school going adolescents in a select sample of Secondary Schools in Chatsworth, Durban
- Snenhlanhla Tsekiso (2014) A Critical Evaluation of South African Education Policy: A case of learner and teacher discipline”.
- Frederick Monyepao (2016) The ramifications of media’s representation of crime
- Nondumiso Ntshangase (2017) A critical assessment of the impact of restorative justice on reducing juvenile delinquency: A South African perspective.
- Philisiwe Nicole Hadebe (2018) Analysis of Independent Investigative Directorate Investigators’ Experiences of the Application of Section 28(1)(f) of the IPID mandate, Torture and Assault, by Police Officials in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Tshivhase Thompho (2018) The Role of Community Policing Forum in Preventing Xenophobic Violence: A Case Study Of Umlazi Township in Durban, South Africa
- Jessica Roopnarain (2018) Exploratory study of the socio-economic effect of Automated teller machine (ATM) crimes on women victims in Kwazulu-Natal (KZN)
- Anira Umra (2018) An Analysis of Psychosocial Factors of Psychoactive Illicit Substance Use in a Select Sample in Chatsworth
- Belin Gebrekidan Teklezgi (2018) Regional brain distribution and localization of heroin and opioid addiction treatment drugs via mass spectrometry
- Caitlin van Niekerk (2019) An Analysis of Individual, Family and Community Social Risk Factors Associated with Illicit Drug Consumption in Wentworth, KwaZulu-Natal