- Master of Social Science in Clinical Psychology, UKZN, 2017
- Master of Social Science in Research Psychology, UKZN, 2014
- Bachelor of Social Science Honours in Psychology, UKZN, 2012
- Bachelor of Social Work, UKZN, 2010
- Neuroplasticity, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Cognitive and Intellectual Abilities: Prevention of School Dropout.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Promotion.
- Addictive Disorders – Mental Health Prevention and Promotion.
- Psychological Assessments
- Child and Adolescent/Developmental Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Theory/Therapies
- Personality Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
- Kerry Frizelle, Olwethu Jwili & Khanyisile Nene (2013). ‘Vulnerable sexualities: Constructions of youth sexuality in South African newspaper articles aimed at an adult readership’. Agenda: Empowering women for gender equity, 27:3, 94-106.
- 2020, Participation in Children’s Day Event hosted by Ikhono Foundation: Ms K Nene was invited to present and workshop Grade 7 learners on identifying and coping with Mental Health issues such Anxiety/Depressive Disorders; ADHD; Grief. Ms Nene.
- 2021, Participation in a Church Event: KwaMashu Christian Centre Exhibition Day, Ms K Nene presented on Psychology as a field and workshopped student to the different fields of Psychology Registration categories as well as the CAO application process and minimum requirements; high school subject choices.
- 2022, Designed and Implemented a Career Guidance Day with the CFC Psychology interns – at Zuzulwani Secondary School, Sweetwaters area, Pietermaritzburg. Ms Nene assisted 8 students with CAO application fees to learners from disadvantaged background.
- 2022, Ms Nene contributed in the BMF Young Professionals KZN Webinar series and offered a mental health talk about Imposter Syndrome, which was appreciated. This participation contributed to the BMF winning the province of the year award from the BMF Young Professional’s national office.
- Child and Developmental Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Personality Disorders
- Group Research Project 1: Sanele Simelane; Mbalenhle Phakathi; Thabisile Zulu; Nokubongwa Bhengu (2021). A systematic review on the relationship between childhood bullying and Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
- Group 2: Indira Pillay, Nikisha Reddy, Kirstyn Hadden, Amanda Thusi & Thubalakhe Sangweni (2022) A systematic review of the prevalence and psychological interventions associated with Internet Addition in adolescents.