- MA (Counselling
- · Lived experiences of breast cancer survivors, illness narrative and terminal illness
- · Psychopathology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology
Publications / Selected Publications
- · Patel, C.J. and Johns, L. (2009). Gender role attitudes and attitudes tabortion: Are there gender differences? The Social Science Journal, 46, 493–505
- · Workshops for CANSA on coping styles, community mobility, lay counselling skills
- · Articles on breast cancer for The Ripple Effect – a newspaper that focuses on general health and occupational health issues and safety in the workplace.
- · Psychopathology (Abnormal Psychology), Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology
Student Supervision (Honours, Master, PhD …)
Honours (brief description)
- Coping with the dying and death of a loved one due tcancer
- Cancer in the workplace
- Black African women’s understanding of the role of cultural and the breast cancer experience.
- Body image and femininity: Breast reconstruction after a mastectomy
- Breast cancer and social support
- The fear of recurrence and coping styles
- Lived Experiences of young adult stroke survivors
- Cultural understanding of the breast cancer experience and awareness of breast self-examination amongst postgraduate students
- Health Science student‘s experiences of the use of laboratory animals for experimental research purposes: A phenomenological inquiry.