- BSS Honours in Psychology, cum laude (UKZN)
- Master of Social Sciences in Research Psychology (UKZN)
- My broad research interests are in social psychology. In particular, I have been working under the stewardship of Professor Kevin Durrheim to study intergroup phenomena in evolutionary and interactive contexts using data collected using The Virtual Interaction APPLication (see viappl.org).
- Due to my time spent at The HIV, AIDS, STIs, and TB (HAST) research program of the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) as a researcher, I have also developed an interest in public health and epidemiology as well as the related research methodology.
- Research Methods
- Social Psychology
Complete Research Record / Selected Publications
- Please visit my research gate for updated publication information – click on the link to view https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lungelo_Mlangeni2
- Mlangeni, L., Mabaso M., Makola L., Zuma K. (2019). Predictors of Poor Self-rated Health in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: Insights from a Cross-sectional Survey. The Open Public Health Journal, 12(1), 164-171.
- Zungu, N. P., Mabaso, M. L., Kumalo, F., Sigida, S., Mlangeni, L., Wabiri, N., & Chasela, C. (2019). Prevalence of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and associated factors among HIV positive educators: Findings from the 2015/6 survey of Health of Educators in Public Schools in South Africa. PloS one, 14(2), e0209756.
- Mabaso, M. L. H., Zama, T. P., Mlangeni, L., Mbiza, S., & Mkhize-Kwitshana, Z. L. (2018). Association between the Human Development Index and Millennium Development Goals 6 Indicators in Sub-Saharan Africa from 2000 to 2014: Implications for the New Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of epidemiology and global health, 8(1), 77-81.
- Mlangeni, L., Makola, L., Naidoo, I., Chibi, B., Sokhela, Z., Silimfe, Z., & Mabaso, M. (2018). Factors Associated with Physical Activity in South Africa: Evidence from a National Population Based Survey. The Open Public Health Journal, 11(1), 516-525.
In addition a complete list of my publications is available on my google scholar profile https://scholar.google.co.za/citations?user=XDrYyxQAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- Research Methods – mainly quantitative methods
- Social Psychology
- 7 students