- BA (SW)
- BA Hons (Psych)
- MA (Psych)
- Adolescent mental health
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
Publications / Selected Publications
- Kazi, T.B., & Ramgoon, S (2011). The relationship between religion and suicidal tendencies amongst Muslim students: A South African study. Submitted to Journal of Religion and Health
- Patel, C., Govender, V., Paruk, Z. & Ramgoon, S. (2006). Working mothers: Family-work conflict, job performance and family/work variables. South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, 32 (2), 39-45.
- Patel, C., Beekhan, A., Paruk, Z.& Ramgoon, S. (2008) Work-family conflict, job satisfaction and spousal support: An exploratory study of nurses’ experience. Curationis, 31(1), 38-44.
- Patel, C., Ramgoon, S and Paruk, Z (2009). Exploring race, religion and gender as factors in life satisfaction and religiosity of young South African adults. South African Journal of Psychology 39 (3), 266-274.
- Patel, C, Naidoo, S & Paruk, Z. (2013). Psychometric Properties of the Religious Orientation Test (ROT) in a sample of South African Students. Journal of Psychology in Africa, 23 (1), 145-149.
- Paruk, Z., Mohamed, S.D., Patel, C. & Ramgoon, S. (2006). Compassion or condemnation? South African Muslim students’ attitudes to people with HIV/AIDS. Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS, 3 (3), 510-515.
- Ramgoon, S., Bachoo, S., Patel, C & Paruk, Z. (2006). Could a healthy ego identity serve as a protective factor against suicidal tendencies? A pilot study. Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 18 (2), 49-54.
- Ramgoon, S., Patel C. & Paruk, Z.(2009). Preliminary validation of the Multi-Attitude Suicidal Tendency Scale using a South African sample. Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health,21 (1), 39-45.
- Ramgoon, S., Dalasile, NQ., Paruk, Z & Patel, C (2011). An Exploratory Study of Trainee And Registered Psychologists’ Perceptions About Indigenous Healing Systems. South African Journal of Psychology, 41(1), 90-100.
NB. Ramgoon denotes married surname
Student Supervision (Honours, Matser, PhD …):
- Supervision of Honours research
- Supervision of Masters research
- Supervision of Masters clinical work