- My research focuses on the psychological effects of interpersonal violence, with specific reference to the impact of chronic developmental trauma.
- Collings, S.J., Penning, S.L., & Valjee, S.R. (2014). Lifetime poly-victimization and posttraumatic stress disorder among school going adolescents in Durban, South Africa. Journal of Psychiatry, 17(5), 1-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/Psychiatry.1000133
- Penning, S.L. & Collings, S.J. (2014). Interpersonal developmental trauma as a risk factor for suicidality in a non-clinical sample of South African youth. Child Abuse Research, 15(1), 1-8. http://reference.sabinet.co.za/sa_epublication_article/carsa_v15_n1_al
- Penning, S.L. & Collings, S.J. (2014). Perpetration, Revictimization, and Self-Injury: Traumatic reenactments of child sexual abuse in a non-clinical sample of South African adolescents. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 23(6), 708-726. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10538712.2014.931319
- Collings, S.J. (2013). Concurrent validity of the Structured Interview for Disorders of Extreme Stress (SIDES-SR) in a non-clinical sample of South African adolescents. South African Journal of Psychology, 43(1), 10-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0081246312474418
- Collings, S.J., Valjee, S.R., & Penning, S.L. (2013). Development and preliminary validation of a screen for interpersonal childhood trauma experiences among school-going youth in Durban, South Africa. Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 25(1), 23-34. http://dx.doi.org/10.2989/17280583.2012.722552
- Gopal, N.D. & Collings, S.J. (2013). “They don’t really rape in Wentworth”: Subjectivities of violence among adolescent girls in a South African community. Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology, Special Volume (3), 41-47.
- Gopal, N.D. & Collings, S.J. (2013). School-going adolescent’s perceptions of interpersonal violence: A qualitative analysis. The Social Work Practitioner-Researcher, 25(2), 155-172.