- Masters (Counselling Psychology)
- Diversity Issues; Gender and Sexuality; African Healing Systems
- Psychology of Diversity
- African Psychology
- Gender and Sexuality
Publications / Selected Publications
- Memela, N.C & Makhaba, V.L. (2013). Culture as anchor or culture as impediment? The plight of Child Care Workers (CCWs) in dealing with HIV related deaths in a children’s home. Indilinga: African Journal of Indigenous Knowledge Systems, 12(1); 80-95.
- Martin, J., Van Wyk, C., Hans-Arendse, C., & Makhaba, L. (2013). “Missing in Action”: The significance of bodies in African bereavement rituals. PINS, 44; 42-63.
- Akintola, O., Ngubane, L., & Makhaba, L. (2012). A qualitative investigation of some of the factors that underlie sexual debut among first year university students. Journal of Health Psychology, 1(17): 143-153.
- Action in Autism
Student Supervision (Honours, Matser, PhD …)
- Honours – 9