- Ph.D Candidate (SUNY- Stony Brook,USA)
- MSW (UKZN), Diploma Project Management (Damelin)
- BSocSci (Social Work) University of Natal.
- HIV/AIDS (Serodiscordant Couples, HIV Positive Elders, Workplace); Teenage Pregnancy and Parenting; Organisational Culture and Behaviour; Women in Academia; Teaching Praxis and Social Work Education.
- Fields of Practice in Social Work; Social Work Research; Community Work; HIV/AIDS and biopsychosocial issues; Family Therapy; Public Health and Social Work; Economics in Social Work; & Education in Higher Learning.
- Seidel.G., Sewpaul .V., & Dano, B. (2000). Experiences of breastfeeding and vulnerability among a group of HIV positive women in Durban, South Africa. Health Policy and Planning. Vol 15(1), 24-33. Oxford University Press.
- Kasiram M, Dano, B & Partab, R (2003). Aspiring excellence in training therapists for managing HIV/AIDS. JUC Conference proceedings, Pretoria, October 03
- Kasiram, M, Partab, R & Dano, B (2004). Training needs and best practice models for meeting the challenge of HIV/AIDS. IFTA Conference proceedings, Slovenia, March 03
- Kasiram, M., Dano. B., & Partab, R. (2004). Can intimacy & HIV/AIDS co-exist? Mental Health Conference proceedings. Canada. May 04
- Partab,R., Kasiram,M. & Dano,B. (2007) Is dying with dignity possible with HIV/AIDS? The Social Work Practitioner-Researcher. Vol19 (1), 79-91
- Dano, B. & Msezane, B. (1999). CARE: a training manual for Traditional Healers on HIV/AIDS. Durban: AIDS FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA.
- Kasiram M., Dano. B., Partab, R., & van Greunen,J. (2003). Managing HIV/AIDS: Guidelines for counselors, Caregivers & Faith based practitioners. Print Connection. Durban.
Chapters in Books
- Dano, B. (2006). Intimacy challenges faced by married serodiscordant couples. In Kasiram, M., Partab,R. & Dano, B . HIV/AIDS in Africa: The Not So Silent Presence. Durban: Print Connection.
- Board Member – AGEN- USA Inc.
- Committee Member – Research Ethics Committee (KZN Government Research Forum).