- Socio-legal issues related to children.
- Child Care and Protection
- Child Justice
- Children’s Rights
- Family Policy
- Matthias, CR (2014). Preparing Social Workers for Alternative Dispute Resolution in Care and Protection Cases. Social Work/Maatskaplike Werk 50(3).
- Sewpaul, V and Matthias CR (eds) (2013). Special edition on Child Rights in Africa. International Social Work, 56(1).
- Matthias, CR (2012). Applying the Children’s Act in care and protection cases: some lessons from the first eighteen months. The Social Work Practitioner-Researcher 24(2): 159-172.
- Devnarain, B and Matthias (2011). Poor Access to Water and Sanitation. Agenda 25(2): 27-34.
- Matthias, CR (2011). Protecting Child Witnesses: New Developments and Implications for Social Workers. Social Work/Maatskaplike Werk, 47(2):195-204.
- Matthias, CR and Zaal FN (2011). Intrusive Care and Protection Assessments: When should Children have a Right to Say ‘No’? South African Journal on Human Rights 27(3): 381-397.
- Matthias, CR (2010). Removing Perpetrators of Abuse Rather Than Children: Options for Social Workers. Child Abuse Research in South Africa (CARSA) 11(1): 57-67.
Chapters in Books
- Matthias, CR and Zaal FN (2012). Child in Need of Care and Protection (Chapter 9). IN: Davel, T and Skelton, A (eds) Commentary on the Children’s Act. Claremont: Juta & Co Ltd.
- I am currently supervising 7 Masters Students and 1 PhD candidate.