- BA (Hon) Social Work;
- My research interests are: Children and Health, vulnerable children and marginalized childhoods as well as children’s rights.
- Child protection and legislation
- Social work and Group Work
Publications / Selected Publications
Chapters in Books
- ” Beyond the counselling room: HIV/AIDS and the role of the social worker (in Jones, A. D, Padmore, J. and Maharaj, P.E. (Eds.) (2009). HIV-AIDS and Social Work Practice in the Caribbean: Theory, Issues and Innovation. Kingston, Miami: Ian Randle Publishers)
- Board member of Burns Rehabilitation Unit (Inkosi Albert Luthuli Hospital)
- Board member of UKZN Core
Student Supervision (Honours, Master, PhD …)
Supervision of Masters students who are exploring topics such as:
- Dynamics of caregiving for children infected by HIV/AIDS and taking HAART;
- Migrant labour;
- Professional response to working with children who have been sexually abused.